Aug 11, 2013

Three.



"I'm not happy ...ANYMORE HMMPH!' she exclaims from under a mop of fine blond tendrils.

She is sweet and kind, she tells Zander he has done a good job by pooing on the toilet, and claps her hands for him.

She loves trains, she is playing under my feet with Thomas, who is in the midsts of rescuing Belle from a fate uncertain.


When she sits on the toilet she waves her hands in the air and I ask her 'what are you doin' baby?' and she says simply that she is making 'a beeinnbow'.

She is huggable and squeezable and I love burying my face into her neck to blow raspberries.

She can scream like a banshee and she runs into our arms with tears rolling down her face. She runs to us with trust that we will make everything better and protect her from a horrible world, and sometimes we can and other times we can't. It breaks my heart to see her tears.


She concentrates on her drawings with an intensity that makes me marvel. She tells me she is drawing a Mummy Cat, and to my surprise, it actually looks like a mummy cat.

She loves her daddy like nobody's business. She loves her Mama too, and tells me without prompting as I turn out the light, my heart attempts to burst. She loves her 'Sheldon' a toy that has been in her cot since birth and given half a chance, would trail behind her almost anywhere.

The other day she with us to organise carseats for her little sisters. She told me she wanted to go play with 'roooster' and I couldnt understand what she was talking about until about 10 minutes later when, after waiting so patiently, she started screaming as we tried to load her in the car. Turns out she wanted to go in the shop next door and play with 'Brewster', a toy train from the Chuggington series.


Zander calls her 'Evie sweetyheart'. Because she is one.

I'm going to make her a 'pink' cake. We asked what sort of cake she wanted for her birthday, Zander told her she wanted a train one like he had for his, but she said she wanted a 'pink marshmellow' cake. I will try to do my best for her.

Its hard to imagine, only 3 short years ago (tomorrow, at 10am) I held her for the first time in my arms and cried and cried and just how wonderful this little creature was. At the time I remember thinking that she was beautiful and amazing and how could I possibly love her more than I do in this very moment?
Well, it turns out I could.

1 comment: