Mar 23, 2014

12/52


Poppy: Caught mid chuckle
Zander: The grumpy chickenpox fairy
Evie: A blur of giggles
Ruby: Ru.

-----------------

The weeks are getting longer and harder at the moment, yet still passing in a blur. The balance of work / study / children / husband is a fragile one, and to be honest - I'm struggling under the weight of anything extra curricular.
The extras: Chickenpox. Simon has an operation in a week, which is both amazingly exciting and scary smushed in together. The new build is amazing and exciting but, my god, the details - the DETAILS. Sickness. Tiredness. Husbands watching cricket at 2am. Visitors, loves, wishlists and photography.

Just... Living. Its extra.

The energy of saying 'No, I can't, I'm sorry.'

No one should ever put this much on themselves and I would never expect it of others yet here I am expecting it of myself. I realise this is completely hypocritical.
Still, in 4 months, this level of crazy will be over, and in another couple of short months after that - my study will be complete.

If I pass. I have to pass.

I just need to do it.
I just need to put my head down and do it.

8 comments:

  1. No matter how tough life gets - and there are times when it's really tough - no matter how tough it gets, you should know that you're tougher.

    You are strong and resilient and brave.

    If you ever question that, even for a moment, look again at who you are and see yourself through spiritual eyes and you'll understand exactly what I mean.

    You get more amazing with every ticking of the clock.
    Sunshine and Rainbows coming your way,


    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely reply by Chris!
    Keep it up Mrs, you are nearly there.
    Zander doesn't look too poxy? How far along is he? Caleb is 5 days and covered.
    Good luck for Si's op....
    Colls

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so amazing!! And I just love these pictures, so beautiful and light!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! And there I was thinking I was slightly overloaded with a baby and three year old and a husband working away and no family help close by. I take my hat off to you Mama.
    Peeking in via Practising Simplicity x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you...are you around next weekend...I am coming up and would love to visit you and the family ...love Alex xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh mama, this too shall pass and be but a memory of the sweet smells of childhood, look at those gorgeous littles you have! i hope your weight is lifted and that easiness of life makes its way in. many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are all so beautiful. And looking at all those smiling faces, I never would imagine things are hectic in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's A LOT on your plate! Gorgeous children, all of them. I hope that, at least, sickness leaves you in peace.

    ReplyDelete