Feb 18, 2014
The Stupid-Things-Kids-Say-Jar, a year on.
Last New Years Simon and I decided to start collecting the little weird things our kids say and do. We figured we were jsut going to keep forgeting all their weird stuff they come out with unless we took action and recorded it all. So we got a cute little jar out from the back of some cupboard and started writing them down onto little scraps of paper. I chucked the project onto instagram but that is as far as I got about sharing it all. We had planned to crack it open every new years and reevaluate the year, I think thats still a plan but we didn't do it this last New Years, we were both just too exhausted from all these spawn to do anything on that night. Anything. I went to bed at like - 9 pm.
Anyway. Over the year the jar has sat on our bench in the kitchen, collecting dust (see picture), and meanwhile we have been slowly collecting all the incidents, sayings, stupid weird questions - the lot. Sometimes we have been really on the ball with it, sometimes there has been months between adding a scrap and we have to think back over what crazy crap they have been coming out with. We have most definitely forgot stuff. Definitely. That makes me pretty sad.
For ages Zander dominated it because he is the nuttiest. Evie quickly caught up though. Poppy and Ruby have yet to contribute, obviously.
I cracked it open the other day to have a read through, which we do occasionally, and everyone took a turn to pick one out. Here is a quick selection of some of Simon and I's personal favourites:
"Daddy, where does your skin start?" Zander, August 2013.
"I am NOT NAUGHTY! I am Evie Peterson!" Evie September 2013.
"I WANT TO MAKE THE ORANGE MONKEYS COME OUT!' Zander June 2013 (fyi - a monkey is on the test page that the printer does, but it took a while to figure that little gem out)
"I'm gonna do what I want to gonna do!" Zander October 2013
"This piece of paper here says - Zander Peterson can't find the screwdriver and Daddy has to help find it" Zander, April 2013
When you clink your glasses together (cheers!) you need to say "woomba!' - According to Zander February 2014. (This is now a thing).
"I have chicken nuggets in my bum! I need medicine!" Evie [always with the chicken nuggets in the bum] November 2013
"Mummy! I'm getting awesome - just like Daddy!" Zander, August 2013
5+5+100 = POOING TIME! Zander, August 2013
"This says: get out" Zander's pointing out what his drawing on the wall in the shower says to me as I walk in, March 2013
"Well -You must need to change the rules Mummy." Zander, October 2013
"Ohh, I have a good idea" A simple statement from Zander that makes Simon and I die a little more inside, December 2013
"NO! I don't want a complete SENTENCE!!" Evie [on if she will ever complete a sentence] May 2013
"I love going to the doctor on Thursdays sometimes" Zander, March 2013
Labels:
children,
Evie,
motherhood,
Zander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love these!
ReplyDelete