Oct 13, 2012

WEDDING BITS + PEICES

A few weekends ago we had the unfortunate need to travel back to the Bay of Plenty for a funeral. Every cloud of course has its silver lining and it was nice catching up and chilling with family. It was a joy to see my husband reconnect with a brother and it was fun to watch all the cousins play with my kids.

Now that we have a bigger car, it was also a good opportunity to liberate some of the leftover wedding booze and all our left over wedding bits and pieces that we dumped at my parents had been storing at my parents place for the past 6 months.

_DSC0840 2

Even though many of the guests took home a jar or two each, and the fact I managed to drop an entire box (the blue ones mostly) of them onto a hard floor resulting in smashed glass in a 20 meter diameter... I still have a good 60 or so jars sitting in our spare bedroom now. What to do with them all?
I have a bag of lids somewhere. Maybe we could make it a toddler game and get the kids trying to match up the jars with the few lids and sell them off to those people who scour Trade Me looking for a good deal on glass jars (these people exist... I was one of them for months). "Anyone having a vintage homespun themed wedding? I have the jars for you!"

_DSC0819

Its been nice though, leaving this stuff for a while and being able to sort through it all with fresh eyes and let the memories roll. Wedding days go by so quickly, we often miss so many details and memories. And not just the day itself, but the nights spent in front of the TV gluing bits of lace and material to jars, crafting name tags with buttons, paper and string. Days of washing doily after doily and folding bunting into neat little piles.

_DSC0849

Its nice to revisit photos, oh how I love seeing the light shine through those lacey bits!


No comments:

Post a Comment