So a couple of months ago I was seriously lusting over these beautiful earings from Umberdove. I love her work, all of it seems to sing to me in different ways. Even her rings do, which is odd because I'm not really a ring person. The thing is though, she does small runs of hand made items, and nothing lasts for more than a minute in her Etsy shop before being snapped up.
Also, I'm poor. So.. its not like I could afford them anyway.
A couple of days before my 30th birthday, my mother gave me a tiny brown box. It wasn't wrapped but instead dressed very pretty with two strips of washi tape across it and a ribbon. There was also a beautiful business card on the top. I instantly did a double take, seeing that it was a pretty painting a very distinct style and about 0.3 seconds after declaring that I wasn't going to open any presents until the actual day, ripped that box wide open and proceeded to jump around the room.
Inside? My very own pair of Umberdove earrings! Oh my, they are beautiful...

No comments:
Post a Comment