Jul 1, 2012

All quiet on the western front



Its been quiet on here eh? Not even any time to do any surfing around the net for Saturday Surfs, so that will be missed this week.


Anyway, Its been quiet on the blog for a reason. Its my semester break which means I have had two almost two weekends so far. Ok so one I had to work half a day on the Saturday and yesterday was still pretty busy too, but I'm finally finally starting to feel a bit rested and able to go into the new semester.

I've decided to keep studying full time on top of work and family, which seems mighty crazy to some, but realistically I just cannot for the life of me cope with carrying on studying, with the rest of my life on hold for another 4 years. So full time it is and at this rate I will be done by October next year. To me that seems achievable. I just need to keep my eye on the prize and our schedule in the hand.

But that doesn't start for another week, so this weekend, during my scheduled chill out time (yes, we schedule chill out time in this house - but I will save that for another post) I plan on curling up with my books and World of Warcraft, getting my geek librarian on.

Currently I'm reading the Hunger Game series again. Two reasons, one I needed something easy and put-downable, and two because although I enjoyed the books alot, in hindsight I skimmed them pretty bad. The problems with having very few holidays or chill time is there is 490237432 things you want to do for fun and enjoyment to squeeze in those moments. I end up flitting from one to the other, never really enjoying things, so my aim is to slow down and do that. I'm forcing myself to read the series slowly, stretching it out over a couple of days instead of a couple of hours. I am glad for it too, because there are so many lovely things about the books I missed the first time around.

I'm also reading Xanthe White's Organic Vegetable Garden, which is a New Zealand based gardening book and has step by step season/monthly planning and a diary. Its helping a lot to figure out what should go in the ground when.
I was planning on doing a winter garden this year, but the simple fact is I need money to get more plants and potting mix and I just don't have the extra funds right now. So planning and scheming is underway for spring it is instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment